[Sca-cooks] Lenten ideas for non Christians...

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Feb 20 00:35:09 PST 2006

'Lainie mentioned:

I grew up in various fundamentalist churches- no Lenten observation,
other
than the little kids waving construction-paper palms on Palm Sunday. My
parents thought Catholics were idolatrous, so most of medieval Christian
practice was completely off the map.
<<<

Oh! They don't?

And here I was wondering what the differences between the ways
medieval Catholics and Orthodox celebrated Lent. I guess it never
occurred to me that the Protestant churches might be even more
different, other than less strict.  But then the modern Catholic
Church seems less strict than the medieval one, in most dogma.

But then I was raised Episcopalian, and I've heard folks call that
"Catholic Lite".

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas