[Sca-cooks] TI Article

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 21 22:46:21 PST 2006

Daniel mentioned:

That being said it is my
intent to do an A/S entry in the future consisting of organ meats.  I
just
need to collect sufficient recipes to redact where in they are served
cold
as tasty bites... perhaps with sauces.  Tongue, tripe, heart, liver,
etc.
;-)
<<<

Do you really intend to serve them cold? Some of those are disliked
because of their texture. It seems to me that serving them cold would
intensify that problem. But then, I don't like cold pizza, either.

Just in case you haven't seen these Florilegium files, here are a few
that might give you a start:
organ-meats-msg   (88K)  1/11/06    Period cooking of organ meats.
liver-msg         (37K)  2/11/02    Medieval cooking of liver. Recipes.
haggis-msg        (94K) 10/25/01    Scottish haggis recipes. comments
on haggis.
blood-dishes-msg  (27K) 10/20/04    Use of blood in period foods.
Recipes.
Blood-Soup-art    (12K) 12/26/00    "Polish Black Soup - Czarnina" by
Casamira
                                        Jawjalny, O.L.

Stefan
--------