[Sca-cooks] TI Article

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Feb 23 19:43:17 PST 2006

At 07:22 PM 2/23/2006, you wrote:
>David Friedman wrote:
>
>>That little metal pot on a stand with a candle in it that you got as a
>>wedding present and never had any use for can be used to keep a stew like
>>thing warm.
>Also known as a chafing dish (from the Old French "chaufer", to warm).
>Those who did not receive one as a wedding present (I didn't) might look
>in their local thrift shop.

There's also fondue pots, if the dish is something small. I think I used
mine twice, and it's been packed away ever since. I _might_ have given it
to Goodwill, but I can't remember. Held maybe a quart in the pot, and the
candle that came with it couldn't warm a teaspoon.

'Lainie
"The test of our progress is not whether we add to the abundance of those
who have much. It is whether we provide enough to those who have
little."    ­ Franklin Delano Roosevelt