[Sca-cooks] geometry of samosa

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Feb 24 07:04:19 PST 2006

On Feb 24, 2006, at 9:02 AM, Gaylin Walli wrote:

> I'm getting ready to test out a recipe for samosas for the (MK)
> Spring Coronation feast and while the filling isn't problematic,
> the dough geometry is something that's giving me fits. I can't seem
> to wrap my brain around how modern ones get that very traditional
> triangular shape that stands up on the plate. I can probably make
> some dough and goof around until I figure it out, but if anyone has
> clearer instructions than some of the really horrible ones I've
> found online, I'd be eternally grateful.

What I've seen (except the seriously cheating ones that use Shanghai
spring roll wrappers) involve rounds of dough cut in half (so you get
two semi-circular pieces), rolled into a cone/cornucopia with the
edges overlapping and moistened to seal, then the top opening pinched
together...

Adamantius

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782