[Sca-cooks] TI Article

King's Taste Productions kingstaste at comcast.net
Sun Feb 26 13:18:06 PST 2006

I have used heated fireplace (solid) brick wrapped in plain paper or a
towel
or foil.  Place in heated oven at 350F for 30 minutes to an hour.  Keep
in
insulated container with food . . . place under food plate to keep warm
for
a while, though not indefinite.  Great for using in a 'cooler' for
transport
as well.

At locations affording electrical power, I have used a concealed warming
tray.  These were popular in the 70's and early 80's, and I buy them at
yard
sales and junk stores for $2 to $5 US.  spectacular for buffet lines and
keeping things warm for judges.

niccolo
(neither carries a stamp of historical authenticity, but will work for
the
artificial situation of waiting for a judge to come to your prepared
food.)

I use the brick-wrapped-in-foil method as well, and have gotten very
good results (temps inside a cooler staying above 140 degrees for over 2
hours).
I can't believe this isn't a period technique, using heated stones to
keep food warm on?  Surely there must be some evidence of that?
Christianna