[Sca-cooks] TI Article

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 26 20:48:36 PST 2006

<<<SNIP>>>
> niccolo
> (neither carries a stamp of historical authenticity, but will work for
> the artificial situation of waiting for a judge to come to your prepared
> food.)
>

> I use the brick-wrapped-in-foil method as well, and have gotten very
> good results (temps inside a cooler staying above 140 degrees
> for over 2 hours).
> I can't believe this isn't a period technique, using heated stones to
> keep food warm on?  Surely there must be some evidence of that?
> Christianna

You are right on with my thinking, but I cannot personally give the seal of
documented authenticity.  I haven't done intentional reading to find out if
it's done.  Just some inferential reasoning and trial by success.  Someone
else here may have something at hand to lend support to its use . . .

niccolo
(Tiramisu isn't period either, but the piece I had with dinner tonight was
just luscious)