[Sca-cooks] cordials

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Jan 2 08:27:02 PST 2006

> I don't have time to look it up, but I recall readiing that drinking
> (pretty much anything) after meals would interfere with digestion.

Well... (sez Jadwiga, catching up with her email)
There are a number of recipes for drinks to be taken after meals,
including hypocras; the idea is that wine and spices would help the
digestion. Perhaps the laurel in question was thinking of spiced wines
as cordials?

My documentation is from 15th c. courtesy books collected in _The
Babee's book_

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on
imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."
	-- Harry S. Truman