Humors & end of meals ( was RE: [Sca-cooks] cordials)

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 3 14:10:02 PST 2006

Consider that one generally wants to "close the stomach" after a meal.  the
stomach uses the food to produce the four homours, and needs to close after
a meal to percolate, so to speak.  Food and drink that will close the
stomach, like cheeses, would be desirable at the end of a meal to maximize
the production of good, strong humors and minimize the by-products and weak
humor production.  Herbs and wines that are specifically to close the system
are what you want.

I lack good references at hand to give examples, though.

niccolo difrancesco