[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 32, Issue 20

Honour Horne-Jaruk jarukcomp at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 7 06:39:38 PST 2006

> > From: Devra at aol.com
 So my first question is,
> does someone have a good
> on-line not-too-expensive source for bulk orders?
>      2) Related to the above, does anyone remember a
> [non-period] recipe for
> marzipan using the almond paste and marshmallow
> fluff? I lost my copy at an
> event where someone walked off with the recipe book.
>      3) Do you think that fondant would work for
> roses?
>             Devra (who REALLY doesn't want to grind
> all those almonds)

> Devra Langsam
> www.poisonpenpress.com
> devra at aol.com
Respected friend:
General Nutrition Center used to sell ground de-fatted
almonds in 3-pound cans. They made great , if grainy,
marzipan. You could easily grind them finer from that
head start.
Why would you want to use marshmallow fluff?  Why not
crystallized honey (The oldre and harder the better)?

Yours in service to both the Societies of which I am a member-
(Friend) Honour Horne-Jaruk, R.S.F.
Alisond de Brebeuf, C.O.L. S.C.A.- AKA Una the wisewoman, or That Pict