[Sca-cooks] Baker's percentage

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jan 8 05:27:58 PST 2006

This appears to have gotten walked on by the new version of my security
system, so let's try again.

I think the Baker's percentage is a 20th Century creation although bakers
have been using weight ratios for forever.  IIRC, it isn't mentioned in the
early 20th Century baker's manual I have where the industrial size recipes
give ingredients by weight (usually starting with 100 to 120 pounds of
flour).

Bear