[Sca-cooks] OT: Items stolen from Viscountes in West Kingdom

ysabeau ysabeau at mail.ev1.net
Mon Jan 9 10:53:39 PST 2006

I just ran across this while doing a search for something
completely different (strange where searches lead you sometimes!).

I don't have permission to repost this but I am thinking the most
important thing is to get the word out as quickly as possible. I
copied this from SCAtoday.net. She is hoping that if anyone sees
the items on eBay or somewhere she might be able to get them back.

_________________________
Copied material below:
On January 7-8, 2006, thieves broke into the vehicle of
Viscountess Genevieve de Vendome of the West Kingdom in the San
Jose, California area. SCA members are asked to be on the lookout
for the stolen property.
Her Excellency writes:

Genevieve here. I'm posting here in the vain hope that someone out
there might see this stuff on Ebay or in some bay area flea
market.
Saturday night/Sunday morning, someone stole everything out of my
car. I was in San Jose sleeping at a friend's house after 12th
Night, and when I got up this morning everything was gone. I had
my good jewelry sewn to my dress, and it was in my back seat. So
the recognizable stuff is:

A Bill Dawson pendant: A custom made rennaissance-type pendant of
22 kt. gold, emeralds, and a black baroque pearl. Piece was of a
dolphin being ridden by a sea-nymph. Black baroque pearl forms the
dolphin's head, and the dolphin is suspended from a green emerald
pin by two chains. An emerald dangled also below the dolphin.
Laurel's medallion pendant of a renaissance style. Cloisonnee,
with a background of gold with a green laurel wreath, within a
silver frame. The laurel pendant is suspended from a pin by two
chains, and three freshwater pearls dangles from the bottom of it.

My 12th Night outfit: Custom-made 16th Century Elizabethan gown,
with hoop skirt and corset. White brocade, with gold trim. Sleeves
are made of strips of brocade with gold trim, that have white silk
organza puffs in between them. The matching gold pill-box-type
round hat has embroidery and pearls around the sides, and a red
cross of toulouse embroidered on top.

Custom-made red velveteen open gown/ropa/overgown with gold silk
lining. Short rounded sleeves, made of crossed-strapwork trimmed
in red and gold braid, with white silk-organza puffs showing
through. The collar shows the gold lining and has two red cross of
toulouse embroidered on it at each corner.

Ruby cabachone earrings, with three seed-pearls.

Costume jewelry set of necklace, bracelet, and earrings. Gold
plate with red marquis shaped stones.

Also lost my pearl strand (real pearls), elkskin (very worn) SCA
shoes, as well as a bunch of other mundane clothing and shoes. And
all my 12th Night gifts, which I'm sorry to lose because of the
effort folks went to to give me such nice stuff.

Thanks everybody,
Viscountess Genevieve de Vendome, OL

Links to pictures:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hysteria95126/my_photos