[Sca-cooks] Chinese dairy origins?

Honour Horne-Jaruk jarukcomp at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 25 11:50:00 PST 2006

> > From: "Michael Gunter" <countgunthar at hotmail.com>
 of  Prehistoric Cheese

>http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20060123/dairy_arc.html?dcitc=w01-101-a
> >e-0000
>
> I may have read this wrong but one thing that
> annoyed
> me in the article was that maybe they were taught
> how
> to make the cheese from the Chinese. Gosh, you mean
> that us poor round-eyes can't invent anything
> without
> them teaching us first? I don't think the accidental
> discovery of youghurt and cheese is all that
> difficult.
>
> Or maybe I need more coffee.
>
> Gunthar
Respected friend:
It's a linguistic drift problem, I suspect. In British
parlance 'dairying' means keeping and milking
lactating animals. Lots of Eurocentrics thought we
came up with that one on our own, decades after it had
been proven that the southeast Asian area had been
doing it _long_ before the evidence showed up in the
Fertile Crescent. This find proves areas closer to
Asia beat the Fertile Crescent into 'dairying' by
couple-five centuries, or more.

Yours in service to both the Societies of which I am a member-
(Friend) Honour Horne-Jaruk, R.S.F.
Alisond de Brebeuf, C.O.L. S.C.A.- AKA Una the wisewoman, or That Pict