[Sca-cooks] Oh, Drakey....

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 2 23:03:06 PST 2006

Phlip replied to me with:
>> Wonder if you could hit some of the sightseeing aircraft at Pennsic
>> with catapult launched ice balls? Some of these voyeurs are flying
>> well below the FAA minimum altitude.
>>
>> Stefan
>
> Dunno.
> Suppose we could practice on some of the choppers and fixed wings
> that have
> been buzzing through here so low lately.
>
> I'd dearly love to see the pilot explain to the air people how he
> got hit by
> a rock thrown from the ground, while he was supposedly safely
> flying along,
> minding his own business.

Yes. The advantage of the ice ball is it melts and thus the evidence
goes away. I think most of my crossbow quarrels have my name on them.
Still I find a certain poetic justice in the plane landing and the
questions about how come he has an arrow stuck in his wing when the
minimum altitude he has permission to fly at is 500 ft. (Or whatever,
I've forgotten the exact number).

But then I thought I read something about the Classic Swimming Hole
going away last Pennsic. :-(

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas