[Sca-cooks] King Tut and huge skewers of meat......

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 1 19:34:51 PST 2006

Jana, one proud omnivore, commented:

There is one in downtown San Diego, also.  The cold and hot salad
bars are
worth the cost of the meal alone, not to mention all of the meat!
<<<

I've seen ads for these places in the airline magazines and such.
They sound interesting, but expensive.
So, what do the cold and hot salad bars have that makes them worth
all that money? I'm afraid I would have a tendency to say "If I'm
paying all this money, skip the salad and I'll fill up on the meat".

Perhaps I'm too used to the "salad = various plants and herbs,
perhaps supplemented with some pieces of meat". What kinds of items
show up on a "hot salad bar"? Or is this a salad bar composed of
mostly hot, spicy peppers and different pepper sauces? :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com