[Sca-cooks] Re: fruit in fruitcake

Carole Smith renaissancespirit2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 14:30:33 PST 2006

Some candied peel is clearly orange, some is yellow.  I have found both in my fruitcake, along with raisins, nuts, cherries, etc.

  I refer to the yellow peel as citrus, because it does not appear to be lemon.
  Your mileage apparently varies.

  Cordelia Toser

Terry Decker <t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
  The citron is closely related to the lemon, but the fruit is larger and the
<snip>

I know some people refer to candied peel as citron, but the correct catch
all is "citrus" for the fruit and candied citrus peel for the fruitcake
filler.

Bear