[Sca-cooks] OOP Question

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jan 3 21:49:38 PST 2006

Helen asked:
> The Group is having a 12th Night Party this weekend. What ever I
> take, will have to be prepared Thursday night and toted around on
> Friday. There is a Fridge at work-I just have to virtually lock it
> up to keep the 'tasters' out. :)
>
> I am having a hard time deciding what I want to take. The party is
> Pot Luck, with one couple bringing Lasagna and one of our Main
> Cooks bringing "Chicken Something". <G>
>
> I have 5 bricks of Cream cheese in my fridge at home that need to
> become something soon. I have in mind a GOOD cheesecake.

I'm not sure if you are saying you will be able to keep it
refrigerated or not.

However, with you saying you want to use Cream Cheese, my
recommendation if you have access to an electrical plug for a crock
pot or if you can use one of those sterno type warming pans is:
*Cheese Goo*. Also known as Digby's Savory Tosted Cheese. I have used
this at both mundane and SCA pot lucks and it has always gone over
well. If you have a small ice chest, you might even be able to put it
in there with a minimal amount of ice and hide it at your desk.

See this file in the FOOD section of the Florilegium for various
redactions and the original:

cheese-goo-msg    (32K)  9/ 1/02    Digby's Savory Tosted cheese.
melted cheese.

I would think you would have the same problems though in keeping a
cheesecake cold. But if you want a cheesecake you might look at the
ones in this file also in the FOOD section. I doubt any of these are
anything like the cheesecake you had in mind, though.

cheesecake-msg    (45K) 12/15/04    Medieval cheesecake. Recipes.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com