[Sca-cooks] Oh Dear...

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Wed Jan 4 16:46:59 PST 2006

Laura C. Minnick wrote:

> At 04:21 PM 1/4/2006, you wrote:
>
>> Either we have a peculiarly incompetent reporter, or someone(s) in
>> SCA in
>> Alabama need edumacated....
>>
>> http://www.al.com/news/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/news/1136369738300310.x
>>
>> ml&coll=1
>

> I had no idea that the Renaissance ran from 1100 to 1200. Who knew?

Well, I have heard people who know more about the period than I did
refer to the "Twelfth-century Reanaissance", and there are certainly
some books available on the subject.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/104-2213985-3635155?url=index%3Dblended&field-keywords=twelfth+century+renaissance&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

Perhaps this is what they are referring to.

> Mostly that story was just sad. Sounded like a pretty shoddy deal to
> me. Anyone know anything about the local branch?

I thought it sounded mostly OK. I mean, obviously some bits were wildly
inaccurate (ie potatoes for dinner), but in general I didn't think it
seemed "sad" or "shoddy".

--
Adele de Maisieres

Book now for Canterbury Faire