[Sca-cooks] Oh Dear...

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 5 08:20:46 PST 2006

Having personal (if not recent) knowledge of the several groups in the
Alabama section of Meridies, I can attest that they are not dolts who fly
off willy-nilly as a group.  I concur with Master A. in that the article
mentions the SCA only in reference to working with them in the future.
Really, we should show default support and loyalty to our own before lending
the credence to media reports.

That said, I have no reason to deny that a well-intended individual or
couple of them from an SCA group might have been 'advising' the teacher.
Then, who can tell what decisions were made for convenience and food supply
and employee limitations at the school. Young kids will probably do better
next year . . . I  am hoping that they land one of the knowledgeable food
artisans in Alabama.  They gots several out there.

niccolo difrancesco

Thanks, nic, I was thinking the same thing.  The Huntsville group (An Dun
Heine - probably spelled that wrong ;)  is full of great folks, many of whom
are Laurels, Pels and a few Knights.  Having worked with reporters and
schools, a weird menu doesn't mean the info they got was wrong, just that
they felt they couldn't do anything other than what they were comfortable
with.
(Couldn't get the artilce to load for me, so I haven't read it, but I get
the gist.)
For what it's worth, we really don't have the other groups like Adrian
Empire down here.  Not saying the SCA is the only game in town, but that's
pretty close, unless you are talking about Civil War stuff.
Christianna