[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 32, Issue 13

CLdyroz at aol.com CLdyroz at aol.com
Wed Jan 4 21:27:19 PST 2006

In a message dated 01/04/2006 8:43:29 PM Central Standard Time,
sca-cooks-request at ansteorra.org writes:

> Either we have a peculiarly incompetent reporter, or someone(s) in SCA in
> Alabama need edumacated....
>
> http://www.al.com/news/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/news/1136369738300310.
> ml&coll=1
>
> Phlip

OK.
I have read the article, and Them ain't us! (to paraphrase a cartoonist you
are too young to remember)

This group the kids are working with is not SCA.
They will be working with An Dun Theine in the Spring semester, for dancing,
music, fighting and archery. Hawk is an excellent fencing instructor, BTW, and
an Authorized Youth Rapier Marshal (and a few other things in the Shire that
keep him kinda busy-like Seneschal)

I am not wild about the setup or the menu, either, but, they probably were
dealing with an age group that can be pick eaters who want to recognize what
they are eating. Ten-twelve year olds are not known for being wild about turnips
or any other stuff we might appreciate.

Helen
Alabama