[Sca-cooks] Vasilopita

Jeff Elder scholari at verizon.net
Thu Jan 5 21:03:49 PST 2006

Weihnachtstollen, is it the one that takes a month of soaking butter into
the bread after it is baked?

Father Dominic's Biscuit Stollen I do as I never remember a month before
Christmas to begin baking.
I suspect it would make a fabulous biscotti also.  Always better when you
have to knead and shape the dough with buttered hands!

With the Vasilopita the fun was boiling the spices, makes the house
wonderful, I left the remaining liquid to simmer a little after wards just
to scent the air.

Simon Hondy