[Sca-cooks] Oh, Drakey....

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Mon Jan 9 15:36:03 PST 2006

Was written:

> Supposedly low flying helicopters have been taken out with spears (in
> Katanga IIRC). And a company of longbow archers setting up just *might*
> scare the pilot. I doubt a longbow could do much to a modern military
> helicopter, but the civilian machines are geenerally not as sturdy.

Hmmm... I think that we are straying into areas that people might take
seriously and that is danagerous ground.  You see I know of an incident in
the Viet Nam war in which a chopper on the fly was indeed downed by period
weapons.  I will not repeat the method here as it might give someone ideas.

Daniel

formerly mundanely a US Army Combat Engineer officer