[Sca-cooks] Any good Lamb recipes?

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Mon Jan 9 10:50:55 PST 2006

>I was recently asked to cook feast for an event in June. The
>autocrats had requested a main dish with Lamb (with a choice of
>chicken for those who don't like lamb)  Anyway, it is have been some
>time since I have cooked lamb, and then it was a simple roast barded
>with garlic and rosemary . Anyone have any recipe they would like to
>share? The feat will have about 100-150 people.

There are lots of period lamb recipes, mostly Islamic, in the
Miscellany, webbed at:

http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/miscellany_pdf/Miscellany.htm

Many of them specify "meat," so are lamb recipes only in the sense
that we have done them with lamb and liked the result. We also tend
to do mutton recipes with lamb, mutton not being that readily
available.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com