[Sca-cooks] Bread machine revisited

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 9 21:52:11 PST 2006

Nope.  Never used a bread machine.

The whole wheat bread recipe is a little heavy on sugar and yeast (to insure
a good rise and to hide any defects with sweetness perchance).

As for the pizza dough, I'd say the Dough Cycle is the process of mixing the
dough with maybe a few minutes for a brief rise.  I tend to give pizza dough
between 15 and 30 minutes before shaping and baking.  If I want to improve
the flavor of the crust, I try to plan ahead and make a sponge about 24
hours in advance.

Bear