[Sca-cooks] Immersion blenders - clean up

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 10 16:11:11 PST 2006

K C Francis wrote:

> Generally all blender bottoms come off to clean out the rubber gasket
> which you should do every time but I do most of the time.  Not hard
> but not as easy as sticking the immersion blender in soapy water,
> whizz, rinse and hang to dry in it's own stand.  10 seconds max and no
> sharp points to get pricked with.
>
> Katira

I have to share this with you folks.  Your discussion of immersion
blenders made me realize just how bad the one I've owned for several
years is.  I've used it very rarely, finding that the blender I own does
a better job.  So....thanks again, dear shopping enablers.  I went on
e-Bay and found a KitchenAid immersion blender that makes the old one
look like a toy.  It has stainless blades, and the blade part comes off
of the main body of the blender...it includes a chopper with a cup, and
a whisk with it's own little cup.  It's really great looking and I'll
probably give it a whirl ;-)  this coming weekend.

Kiri