[Sca-cooks] Fw: [SCA Equestrian] OT: Genevieve's 12th Night Costume STOLEN

Carole Smith renaissancespirit2 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 14 16:32:22 PST 2006

Yes, the theft was in San Jose California.
  Cordelia Toser

marilyn traber 011221 <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:
    Sending this along to these two Lists, since both cover a lot of territory. I
believe it was stolen in the West Kingdom.

Phlip

Subject: [SCA Equestrian] OT: Genevieve's 12th Night Costume STOLEN

Hello all-
(I'm sending this post to literally everyone in my email address book.
At a minimum, it will serve as a sad reminder to never leave anything
of value in your car.)

Genevieve de Vendome's (Toni Whyte's) beautiful Elizabethan 12th Night
costume and jewelry was STOLEN from her car in front of my house last
night.

Below is a detailed list of the missing items which are of great
sentimental value (not to mention a lot of work on the part of many
SCA artisans). Several pictures are also posted online at:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hysteria95126/my_photos. The album is
"Stolen gown belongs to Toni aka Genevieve."

Please cross post his missive to any and all lists that you can think
of in hopes of locating the stolen items; with only six degrees of
separation, hopefully someone somewhere will see these if & when they
surface.

If anyone hears or sees anything resembling these at pawn
shops/antique stores/email lists/ ebay, please let me know: rachael
DOT keish AT gmail DOT com. I'm offering a reward for the gowns and
pendants, no questions asked, just to try and recover them.

Sincerely,
Marguerite du Royon
AKA Rachael Keish

Stolen item descriptions:
- A custom made rennaissance-type pendant of 22 kt. gold, emeralds,
and a black baroque pearl. Piece was of a dolphin being ridden by a
sea-nymph. Black baroque pearl forms the dolphin's head, and the
dolphin is suspended from a green emerald pin by two chains. An
emerald dangled also below the dolphin.

- Laurel's medallion pendant of a renaissance style. Cloisonnee, with
a background of gold with a green laurel wreath, within a silver
frame. The laurel pendant is suspended from a pin by two chains, and
three freshwater pearls dangles from the bottom of it.

- Custom-made 16th Century Elizabethan gown, with hoop skirt and
corset. White brocade, with gold trim. Sleeves are made of strips of
brocade with gold trim, that have white silk organza puffs in between
them. The matching gold pill-box-type round hat has embroidery and
pearls around the sides, and a red cross of toulouse embroidered on
top.

- Custom-made red velveteen open gown/ropa/overgown with gold silk
lining. Short rounded sleeves, made of crossed-strapwork trimmed in
red and gold braid, with white silk-organza puffs showing through.
The collar shows the gold lining and has two red cross of toulouse
embroidered on it at each corner.

- Ruby cabachone earrings, with three seed-pearls.

- Costume jewelry set of necklace, bracelet, and earrings. Gold plate
with red marquis shaped stones.

From: Rachael Keish