[Sca-cooks] Pork leg shank?

Terri Morgan online2much at cox.net
Mon Jan 16 16:47:37 PST 2006

I just learned that the HUGE pork leg shank (I think that's what it is -
it's not labelled) that was donated for our upcoming event is probably not
cured. I've never cooked an uncured pork shank, especially not one bigger
than a 25lb turkey. Does anyone have any pointers or suggestions? I know it
should probably be roasted and reach 170 degrees but beyond that (and I
don't actually have an idea of roasting temp. 325?) I'm at a loss. I'm
tempted to let it thaw and then hack it into smaller and more manageable
pieces.

Hrothny the Perplexed
That is one BIG leg o'pig!