[Sca-cooks] medieval dog recipes

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Tue Jan 17 13:32:27 PST 2006

now there's a tidbit of which I was not in command of!
thanks...

I had thought that since Frobisher's voyage is described as
heading to the tropics with the trades, then Sailing north from
Florida, and returning by the northern route, I rather thought
that the Penguins referenced were South American...

Now that I think about it...
What was the Location given for "Penguin Island"?
Off Newfoundland...  that would HAVE to be Auks then.

You just connected another piece of my Persona Jigsaw.

I owe you a beer.

Capt Elias
Dragonship Haven, East
(Stratford, CT, USA)
Apprentice in the House of Silverwing

-Renaissance Geek of the Cyber Seas
- Help! I am being pecked to death by the Ducks of Dilletanteism!
There are SO damn many more things I want to try in
the SCA than I can possibly have time for.
It's killing me!!!

Upon the hempen tackle ship-boys climbing;
Hear the shrill whistle which doth order give
To sounds confused; behold the threaden sails,
Borne with the invisible and creeping wind,
Draw the huge bottoms through the furrow'd sea,
Breasting the lofty surge: O, do but think
You stand upon the ravage and behold
A city on the inconstant billows dancing;
For so appears this fleet majestical,
Holding due course to Harfleur.
  - Shakespeare - Henry V, Act III, Prologue