[Sca-cooks] Re: pork internal temp

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 18 06:36:38 PST 2006

Food 'fetishes' abound, and I also appreciate the concern you have for your
diners' comfort and palate.  I do also wish to share that with some effort,
and education, you can retrain your audience to more varied and different
tastes.  It will take some patience (and the more cooks trying, the better)
and trust building.  Once you get a few walking down the path of trying
something mildly different, you can get them eating grilled eel eventually.
It isn't overnight, but it had happened in our neck of the Meridian woods a
couple of years back when I was feast making more often.  Several have taken
the mantle and kept the envelope moving.  Medium meats, lamb, even whole,
head on animals can be built up to.  Credibility and track record help
loads.

With enough "safe" options to keep them satisfied, most will eventually
stick their toes in the waters.  After all, this is an unusual hobby with at
least an obligatory nod and wink to historic replication.

niccolo difrancesco