[Sca-cooks] OT: Weather in Oertha

ysabeau ysabeau at mail.ev1.net
Tue Jan 24 12:25:44 PST 2006

I remember camping near Valdez around '77. We actually packed up
and left in the in middle the night because of the mosquitos. Big,
Huge, Gigantic mosquitos...everywhere, all over, no place to hide!

On the other hand...I loved living in Alaska and would do it again
in a heartbeat. Granted, I only lived there as a kid and, being
from Texas, the two winters of snow were a very unique experience.
Not sure how I would feel if I had to shovel it every winter...or
pay to have it shoveled. But then again, I pay to have my grass
mowed every summer.

Ysabeau