[Sca-cooks] OT: Weather in Oertha

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 24 17:49:27 PST 2006

If you like hiking, hunting, fishing, all those outdoorsy thangs, it's a
great place to be.  If you have a salable skill that is needed there, go.  I
don't recommend being out of work and out of luck in Alaska.

I spent a total of about seven years there over two occasions.  The first
during the Territory/Statehood period and the second in the early '70s.  I
loved it, although like an old Alaska hand I met years ago in Nevada, the
weather would probably lock up my joints and I'd need to drive south until
the started working again.

Bear