[Sca-cooks] Tornadoes, was OT:Earthquakes

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 25 14:44:22 PST 2006

Never slept in the basement around here, but I did in Alaska the night the
power went out during a blizzard.  The building we were in was heated by a
furnace in the basement and the residual heat kept the basement warm.

Around here, if you really worry about tornadoes, you get a weather alert
radio and leave it on.  When tornadoes come it the are, the radio starts
broadcasting severe weather alerts.  If you don't worry about it, you wait
for the Civil Defense sirens to shake you out.

Bear