[Sca-cooks] Oertha

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 25 15:31:22 PST 2006

Michael Gunter wrote:

>> He had a marvelous panoramic view of the ship traffic on Turnagain
>> Arm sweeping northward to a million dollar view of Mount McKinley.
>> So the earthquake wasn't a total loss.
>

>> Bear
>

> See, I just want to live in a place with a view other than
> a straight line on the horizon (Dallas) or Moon-rocks (Phoenix)
>
> Gunthar

Well, as I've mentioned in the past, there's always our neck of the
woods...southern Maryland.  We look to the West and we see the
Appalachian Mountains (or as my sweetie calls them, the
"Applechains")...and to the East is the Chesapeake Bay.  We have four
distinct seasons (usually, though this year, we had January in December
and now it's April in January).  We are within a couple hours drive of
the mountains and less than an hour of beaches.  So this area meets your
requirements...without having a 24-hour night time and a 24 hour daytime!

Kiri