[Sca-cooks] Oertha

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 25 19:00:08 PST 2006

Sue Clemenger wrote:

>Montana, Papa, just think Montana....Especially on my side of the divide
>(western).  We have trees and much better weather than Billings (sorry,
>Caointiarn...;o)
>Hey, Kiri....We've got one of your local boys living in our barony now.  He
>just moved here to go to graduate school (something computer related).  His
>SCA name is Gabriel, and he seems very nice, if completely dismayed by the
>fact that we keep telling him that these temperatures (25-35 degrees) are
>really *warm* for January.  We told him to hang on and wait for summer--we
>get pleasant, warm temps, and very low humidity. <g>
>--Maire, feeling geographically smug ;o)

Yup...great guy.  We're very fond of him and look forward to his return
when he finishes school...just don't get too attached to him.  He's a
real "keeper".  We're having an abnormal winter here...even my poor
malamute is shedding heavily because his system thinks it's time to do
so!  Flowers are blooming and who knows...the birdies might start having
little birdies.  I worry that they're all in for a big shock in
February.  If what I think will happen happens, my poor saucer magnolia
will wind up with little brown nubbins come real spring.  Sigh.  Give
him my love when you see him again!  Anything you can do to make his
stay up there go well, I'd be really appreciative!

Kiri