[Sca-cooks] OT: Weather in Oertha

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Thu Jan 26 06:35:45 PST 2006

>I'm much minded of the Will Cuppy essay where he gives
>Lucrezia Borgia's hair-bleach formula, and finishes up
>with "If your hair remained on your head, you were a
>blonde."

the ultimate in dry wit.
"The Decline and Fall of Practically Everybody"

Without doubt one of the best books I have ever read.

If you haven't read this, _definitely_ read it.
Loved the Queen Hatshepsut chapter...

Everytime I go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in
NYC, one after another of his phrases inevitably pop
into my mind.

_Ob Food Content_

He talks about one of the Herican Kings of England
(Henry II?) dying from overindulgence in Stewed
Lampreys...

talk about fatal food!

Capt Elias
Dragonship Haven, East
(Stratford, CT, USA)
Apprentice in the House of Silverwing

-Renaissance Geek of the Cyber Seas
- Help! I am being pecked to death by the Ducks of Dilletanteism!
There are SO damn many more things I want to try in
the SCA than I can possibly have time for.
It's killing me!!!

Upon the hempen tackle ship-boys climbing;
Hear the shrill whistle which doth order give
To sounds confused; behold the threaden sails,
Borne with the invisible and creeping wind,
Draw the huge bottoms through the furrow'd sea,
Breasting the lofty surge: O, do but think
You stand upon the ravage and behold
A city on the inconstant billows dancing;
For so appears this fleet majestical,
Holding due course to Harfleur.
  - Shakespeare - Henry V, Act III, Prologue