[Sca-cooks] Re: Joram

wildecelery at aol.com wildecelery at aol.com
Fri Jan 27 04:42:28 PST 2006

Joram survived 12 hours of surgery Wednesday. He was doing well when I took
his mom up to see him today (Thursday). His new liver was already functioning
in many ways, which I find just amazing. The nurse told us the liver performs
some 400 different functions for the body. We didn't think we should quibble if
his new one isn't doing them all quite yet!!!

He was awake, although muzzy-brained from the ordeal and the meds, and talked
to us (a little) despite the fact they had only just removed his breathing
tube.
By all accounts he is doing very well. They have already started him on the
anti-rejection medicine. His determination and his fighting Irish spirit are
blessings that will help him win this battle, but he needs our prayers, too. The

next few days will be very critical for him. He was literally at death's door
and he has a long road back.

Thank you for your prayers and support! ----------Asenath