[Sca-cooks] 15th C. Ottoman Recipes

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Jul 3 21:35:39 PDT 2006

Paul speaking:

Perry has translated an addition 67 recipes from the Arabic and is
working up more as supplements to the Baghdadi Cookbook. These are all
the recipes I know of. As for ones in Turkish, they may exist but this
is news to me. I thought the first Turkish-language recipe collections
were much older. I will ask about this and do email Charles Perry. He
does know Ottoman Turkish, to the best of my knowledge. Paul D. Buell

--
Saint Phlip

Don't like getting old? Beats the Hel out of the alternative.

The purpose of life is not to arrive at the grave, a beautiful corpse,
pretty and well-preserved, but to slide in sideways, thoroughly used
up, totally worn out, proclaiming, "Wow! What a ride!"