[Sca-cooks] First cookbooks....

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Jul 17 22:17:08 PDT 2006

For some reason, Christianna's post today about the little girl's cookbook
had me remembering my first cookbook, which led me to wonder about the rest
of you....
1.  What was the first cookbook you ever owned, all by yourself?  For me,
that would have to be a little "Peanuts" cookbook that I got at age 9, with
Lucy and Linus and their recipes....(Snoopy, too).  I've still got it
somewhere....
2.  What was the first cookbook you remember cooking from? I was making
things from recipes when I was about 7--the first cookbook I remember using
was my mom's old Better Homes and Gardens one, with the red-and-white
checked cover, in a sort of ring-binder format.  I'd sure love to have a
copy of that old edition again....<g>
3.  What was the first period cookbook/food text you ever owned? In this
case, mine was a photocopy of Sass' _King's Taste_ and _Queen's Taste_.
What about the rest of you?
--Maire, throwing out a few topics for discussion....