[Sca-cooks] First cookbooks....

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 00:29:49 PDT 2006

--- Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Good grief...your copy of Cariadoc's collection is older than mine...I
> think it got mine in the early 80's.  I also have a copy of Fab Feasts
> that I got around the same time.  Didn't know that the recipes were so
> suspect at the time!  How much we have learned over the years!!
>
> Kiri

I know... I thought I was being so cool am making period food... Sigh.
I still like the recipe she called Valaunsie [I don't remember the spelling
and am too tired to find the book and look it up], which was orange segments
marinated in sugar and cinnamon, dipped in batter, fried and served
with mustard.  I thought it tasted great.  I have a secret wish to find
the original recipe that inspired this recipe and find that she wasn't too
far off... I am such a dreamer...

Huette