[Sca-cooks] Most versatile cooking pot?

Stephanie Ross hlaislinn at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 19 08:22:40 PDT 2006

The pot I'd take if I had to "bug out" would be a 6 qt. stainless steel
copper-bottomed pot that belonged to my mother. It says Presto Pride on the
bottom and has a tight-fitting lid. My mother called the set her "waterless
cookware". While I can appreciate the versatility of the Dutch oven, the
sucker is heavy! Being the paranoid person that I am, plus living in
hurricane central, I have thought about what pot to take in case I have to
leave on foot with only what my family and I could carry. I can saute, stew
and even bake in the 6 qt. pot, and it would work just fine cooking with
coals, esp. if I flipped the lid over to place the coals on top.

~Aislinn~
Et si omnes ego non.

"The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction is the
first and only legitimate object of good government." --Thomas Jefferson to
Maryland Republicans, 1809.