[Sca-cooks] more spanish stuff: Limonada

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 20 11:07:59 PDT 2006

Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
>  Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise wrote:
>  > From De Nola:
>  > LIMONADA
SNIP

>Is this a sauce or a beverage?

Well, i got the recipe on this very list from Brighid ni Chiarain,
before she finished her de Nola translation. It IS on YOUR website,
Stefan :-)

My understanding is that it is a sauce, not a soup. Certainly it is
not a beverage.

I served it at my very first feast in 2000 and reported about it here.

It was so popular and delicious that after putting it on the chicken,
the diners then put it on anything suitable, grains, vegetables,
etc., then began dunking their bread in it, and i think in the end
some people may have put it in their soup bowls and drunk it, even
though it isn't a beverage :-)

I've got my recipe on my website:
http://home.earthlink.net/~lilinah/Food/2000_Boar_Hunt/2000-1st.html

I still thank Brighid, who offered me several yummy recipes

(Anne-Marie did, too, although not this recipe... heck, lots of folks
on this list were great helpers.)
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita