[Sca-cooks] Florilegium class at Pennsic?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jul 22 20:15:43 PDT 2006

Greetings Good Gentles,  (See I spelled it correctly, although some
mis-spellings sound like fun. :-) )

As some of you know my attendance at this year's Pennsic War has been
uncertain since I got laid off back in May. Because of this I didn't
put in a request to teach any classes. However, now that I've made my
non-refundable airline reservations, it looks like I will be there.

Earlier this year I got a request from the TI editor for an article
on the Florilegium. As part of the planning for that effort I put
together a class on the Florilegium for Gulf Wars. Unfortunately, it
didn't get into the Gulf Wars event booklet and most folks didn't
know about it. When I held the class, no one showed up

I am considering doing that class at Pennsic, with whatever
improvements I can add to what I had planned for that class. It is
now too late to get any advance notice out for Pennsic as well.
However, before I try to arrange for a class time, get it on the last
minute class schedule at Pennsic etc., I would like to find out if
there is any interest in such a class. Or any suggestions on what
folks would be interested in hearing.

This would be something like "The Florilegium - What it is and is
not, it's history and why it exists at all. The useful and the weird
stuff which can be found in the files. How it is organized and why.
Also some useful ideas on how best to use it and various ways you can
help with it".

For me, one of the things I want to do is pass out a survey and get
some feedback on how people are using it.

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas