[Sca-cooks] Boar leftovers

Ana Valdes agora158 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 09:10:26 PDT 2006

I guess they are already marinated, since they are grilled and cooked.
I should treat them as it was lamb och have in different ways, with
pasta and cream and chantarelles (maybe too much a wintry recipe :),
or with potatos, sweet potatos and celery made in the oven.
You should think to use honey or mustard or any sweet root or
vegetable, to make a contrast with the "gamey" taste.
Ana

ps: a friend of mine got 50 kilo of boar and he is making sausages, very tasty.

On 7/24/06, Volker Bach <carlton_bach at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Salve
>
> I just spent the most horrible weekend in a long time at my girlfriend's best
> friend's wedding (and no, not for that reason - the tears I had to dry at the
> end were of frustration and rage, not sentimentality). BUT I came away with
> three large freezer bags full of wild boar leftovers. They're slightly
> overcooked (roasted on a spit, then kept simmering in rich stock for hours),
> but delicious, and i was wondering if any of you could recommend period
> 'leftover game' recipes for me to try over the nect few weeks.
>
> Thanks
>
> Giano

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth
with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you
will always long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci