[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Question

Stephanie Ross hlaislinn at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 28 09:39:55 PDT 2006

Christianna wrote:
<<I personally like the first week better, although the best of both
worlds is to do a week straddling the middle weekend. The second week
is VERY crowded, although a lot of activities don't get started up until
Tuesday of the first week. >>

My lord and I are making plans to attend next year also. He says that you
have to pay from whenever you hit site until the end of the war. You cannot
daytrip, and you cannot pay for only the days you attend. Personally, I
wish the SCA would hold Pennsic during July, and all the other fringe
groups who come to our war could attend their own event in August. It would
be the best of both worlds for the mercenary Coopers - they could double
their profit while halving attendance at each event and reducing the stress
on their utilities. I've just become such a snob over Pennsic. It was okay
when we shared the site with the Tuchux (it was originally theirs, after
all), but I've heard Pennsic has gotten very fringe element and less
medieval-oriented over the years. I cannot say I had a fantastic time when
I attended in '86, so that may be clouding my judgement. I just wish
Pennsic was only SCAdian, but as long as the Coopers own the site, that'll
never happen.

~Aislinn~
Et si omnes ego non.

"The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction is the
first and only legitimate object of good government." --Thomas Jefferson to
Maryland Republicans, 1809.