[Sca-cooks] Summer foods...

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sat Jul 29 18:22:14 PDT 2006

Okay, so maybe it's not a weird food for some of you, but it's pretty
uncommon around here...
What am I talking about? Why, okra, of course! I saw it for sale tonight in
the fresh produce section of my local grocer.  I've never had it except in
canned, chicken gumbo soup (Campbell's, IIRC), and although I've got a vague
recollection that it might be edible dipped in a batter or cracker crumbs
and deep-fried, how else would a person cook it?

On an entirely different note, I would like to celebrate the fact with y'all
(and I know you'll understand) that this week, for the first time *ever* in
my adult life (and there's been a fair amount of *that* water under the
bridge!), I was able to eat fresh tomatoes from my very own garden.  Oh.
My.  Gawd.  I'm in luuuuuuv.......

--Maire, surviving the heat and smoke with fresh tomato sammiches....;o)