[Sca-cooks] "the Coopers" was Pennsic history

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Sun Jul 30 09:56:37 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
I further wrote:

It is also my belief that certain elements of  "the Coopers" actively
attempted to squelch the site of the 25th Year Celebration.  I gained  this
opinion from personal conversations at the time with certain non-SCA
personnel, i.e. a public official in one case, who were connected with the
site negotiations from the other side.

* As we were not privy to your conversation which would also be deemed
hearsay as you were not a part of the original conversation (I am not saying
that the public official lied to you but that you were getting "his"
interpretation of events)  and lack of the description of what "squelching
the event" means or what they allegedly did to try to achieve this. Leaves
me with very little to make an assessment of it's validity.

<<I also heard, although I  admit that this is hearsay and not based on
direct personal knowledge,  that  "the Coopers" attempted to squelch the
site for
"Gulf Wars"  early on.>>>

*Question, why would "Gulf" Wars have been in Pennsylvania? Perhaps asking
those that put on Gulf Wars if they have any knowledge as to the "original"
planned location of Gulf Wars.

<< but I can well believe such a rumor
got started by someone in the SCA who didn't like how the Coopers handled
something they wanted to do.

My reply:

Yes there are indeed such people in this world.   For the record, I am not
one of them.>>>>

*No one said you were. what is being said (though I could be wrong) was that
what you have heard "may" have originally come from such individuals.

<<Ok all that being said I think that this discussion is likely to provide a
bit more heat and very little light if it is continued in this forum and as
this forum is devoted to food perhaps we might wish to return to that
subject.  If anyone wishes to continue this discussion off list I will be
happy to oblige.>>

*As long as the subject line reads accordingly I do not see a problem as
people who are not interested in the conversation can delete.
This topic is a sideline discussion, people are still asking and talking
about food and cooking even as this topic starts to wind down.
If the subject gets over heated, the moderator WILL step in with his special
beater and whip things back into order.

Lyse