[Sca-cooks] pennsci hay

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Mon Jul 31 10:24:07 PDT 2006

sorry if this is a bit odd, the cat is trying to help me type...

two things about hay, since *most* sites do not allow outside hay to be
brought in...

1. its a pain to clean up, and takes ages to rot unless it si properly
composted.  you really want to know exactly who has hay in their camp.

2.hay, firewood, etc. can harbor dangerous bugs.  at one of the camps i go
to in indiana, they refuse to let any firewood in or out.  the reason is
some wood beetle that is devatstating forests.  they dont allow hay from
outside either since it can harbor bad bugs too.... by saying you can only
buy this from *us* and we want to know your camp, they can destroy any of
the leftover, as well as ensure it comes  from a clean source.

by the by, given the beetle problem, i expect to see a firewood restriction
soon, and it wont be the "coopers" fault.. it will be to protect their
trees.
Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
http://fabricdragon.livejournal.com/

Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

Before you leave the house: hat, water, medication if needed