[Sca-cooks] straw bales at Pennsic

Stephanie Ross hlaislinn at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 31 08:05:15 PDT 2006

<<Since I was flying in and therefor didn't have space for a better
bed, I sewed up a tablecloth into a bag, bought the straw bale when I
got there, broke it up and stuffed the bag with that for my mattress.
Smaller than an air mattress and no distressing "hisssssss." in the
middle of some night at Pennsic.>>

I bought two hay bales and slept on them intact at Pennsic. I loved it
actually. The bales kept me dry and up off the ground and weren't terribly
uncomfortable. Once again, I can only imagine the cleanup after several
hundred hay bales were used. (Maybe they should have used them to fill in
the hot-tub hole. :P Peoples' stupidity never ceases to amaze me, the
hot-tub hole diggers I mean). Speaking of Pennsic, my lord said that he
thinks the Coopers hold a biker rally right after Pennsic that actually has
more attendees than we do. It must be quite a scramble to clean up after us
in time for the rally!

~Aislinn~
Et si omnes ego non.

"The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction is the
first and only legitimate object of good government." --Thomas Jefferson to
Maryland Republicans, 1809.