[Sca-cooks] help for 1250 French/Greek

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jul 4 13:59:15 PDT 2006

Aislinn asked:
<<< I just got a request from a friend, and all I can offer is that
maybe Le
Viandier's recipes came from an earlier book in her time period, and
I know
of no Greek period cookbooks. What do you smart people have to say?

  My personna ended up marrying a
gentle who belonged to the Order of Santiago >de Compostela and we
are in
charge of running a sugar plantation on the island of Cyprus
(probably near
Paphos).  I would love to serve a luncheon/banquet for the next Art/Sci
judges that would be completely >representative of what I would
serve.  >>>

Nope, not much on Greece specifically. Most of what we have seems to
be connected with the Byzantine Empire. You might check this
Florilegium file:
fd-Greece-msg     (20K)  5/ 6/04    Food of medieval Greece. references.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BY-REGION/fd-Greece-msg.html

My geography may be way off, but how similar would Sicily be to
Cyprus? I can see where they might have similar influences.
fd-Sicily-msg     (10K)  5/29/05    Food of medieval Sicily.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BY-REGION/fd-Sicily-msg.html
Sicily-msg        (13K)  5/21/04    Period Sicily. Culture, history,
food.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/Sicily-msg.html

Stefan
--------