[Sca-cooks] OOP - Cooking at Alton's House

ysabeau ysabeau at mail.ev1.net
Thu Jul 13 07:00:39 PDT 2006

I go by the Chef's Showcase at my local HEB everytime I go there.
They have similar parameters and this is what they usually have:

- Fish of the day that is prepared by searing in a pan with
whatever sauce/seasoning of the day they are demonstrating.

- Steak or chicken that prepared over an indoor grill with
seasoning or sauce of the day

- Some sort of casserole that is prepared ahead of time in the
oven so they have something to offer while they restocking/cooking
the previous two items.

They prepare the meats one piece at a time so they are continually
demonstrating the same things over and over and there is always
fresh food to serve. They serve the items in bite size pieces that
they cut for you when you approach and then they give you the
spiel on how they prepared it unless they are in the process of
preparing the next one.

I think the key would be to keep it simple but flashy and
something that you can prepare from start to finish in about 15 -
30 minutes and then repeat for the next group...unless you are
going to have the same group the whole time. It sounds like it is
an open-house type of thing so people will probably be coming and
going.

Another option could be to have items mostly prepared and you are
doing the finishing touches...like browning the top of pre-
prepared mini creme brulees.

Just some thoughts,
Ysabeau

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net