[Sca-cooks] armored turnips

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 22 20:03:33 PDT 2006

> Yeah...when I make them, I don't make a cheese sauce, but
> rather layer the turnips with provolone, mozzarella, pats of
> butter and spices.  Much easier and you don't have to worry
> with lumps.  We usually refer to it as lasagna without the
> tomatoes or pasta!
> Kiri

My preference for armored turnips actually includes other cheeses (in
addition to provolone, mozzarella, etc.)

In particular, I enjoy using a mix of sharp and milder cheddars in what
I make for home consumption.  It is my intent to do more searching
through various resources before I re-create this dish for an SCA event
again -- among other things, I really, really like learning about
cheeses the old fashioned way.  Y'all know this one:  a nibble here, a
nibble there, ...

(Stefan, I really enjoy my turnip raw as well -- but, hey, nothing says
a feller can't enjoy more than one form.)

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe (Mike C. Baker)
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em | alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com OR
MCBaker216 at cs.com
Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen |